Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Question - Training Schedules
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question - Training Schedules

Question - Training Schedules 9 years, 1 month ago #114

Coach Rob,

How do you know if you are over training? How do you know when it is time for your muscles to relax & rebuild ?

I guess I am just asking how can you tell the difference between over training verse's simply making an excuse or taking it easy on yourself ?
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by Irishassassin. Reason: Remove image - Just testing

Re:Question - Training Schedules 9 years, 1 month ago #115

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Tim, The body doesn't lie and it'll let you know if you're over training by you feeling irritable, fatigued, excessively sore etc...

Now when you switch the training up or increase the intensity this will normally occur... It's called DOMS delayed onset muscle soreness so what you can do to speed up recovery is foam roll, contrast showers, sauna, ice packs, massages, and whey protein shakes after training.Try some of these techniques and you'll feel great.

Rob

Re:Question - Training Schedules 9 years, 1 month ago #121

• Guy
  • Fresh Boarder
Obvious signs of overtraining are excessive fatigue and paradoxically an inability to sleep well. If you are unable to hit your projected P.R.s on aconsistent basis this would also indicate an over training state. If you feel you are over training then have a light week of only training what is neccessary or even taking a week or two off for R'n'R. As far as having a light week of training, this should be something that should be dialled into your schedule anyway. This is a tip that I use which came from the powerlifting community. I used to train up increasing weights and sets lifted, times on the bags and disances run etc for 3 weeks. Then on week four go back and do what I did for week 2, meaning that I worked up to a peak and then backed off. When I came to week 5 I was stronger and more fired up to peak again in week 7. These days I have moved onto a 3 week peaking cycle (I am older and wiser now) 2 weeks up 1 week back etc. This works well for me and my older (35 plus) clients.

Your friend

Guy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds