Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Effective lifting for maximum power
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Effective lifting for maximum power

Effective lifting for maximum power 8 years, 10 months ago #150

• Nick
I'm looking for some advise on a workout plan to develop the most power and strength for boxing. I work on my boxing skill set and technique 3 days a week, but I'm looking for a workout plan for the other 2-3 days per week to help develop my body to perform the most powerful strikes that I can. Could someone suggest a plan with some specific workouts with reps & sets to help me acheive the power and strength that I'm looking for. Thanks!

Re:Effective lifting for maximum power 8 years, 10 months ago #151

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Nick, The power is in the core, lats, and legs. Train the core in rotation to develop that nasty KO power. The lats decelerate the punch, and the legs help you drive and dig your punches.

Look in the strength training department on the site here and you will see my primal pattern article. I discuss the primal movement patters that contribute to boxing and also there is an article that discusses acute exercise variables ( reps, sets, rest periods ) so you can plug everything in with those articles and the guidlines in them.

To be powerful you first must be strong so you'll need to build a solid max strength base. If you have a young strength training age you will use reps of 5-6 reps and cycle the exercises every 4th week. You find more about this in those articles.

Let me know if you still have anymore questions.

Rob
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds