Username Password: Remember me

Specific Exercises
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Specific Exercises

Specific Exercises 8 years, 8 months ago #161

• Nick
Rob,

Thanks for your reply to my other post. It was very helpful and the article was a good read. I proably should have asked my questin in a different way. What I was trying to get is the most important workouts if I only have 2 days a week to workout for strength. What would be the most effective lifts to develop the strength that I need. Maybe 4 or 5 for each day with the sets and reps would be great! should they be maximum effort or other lifts? Thanks for your imput!

Re:Specific Exercises 8 years, 8 months ago #162

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
No problem Nick glad to help....Do a max effort upper and max effort lower day. Build a strength base for at least 8-12 weeks then introduce speed work/plyometrics.

Ex.

Max Effort Upper.

1. Chin Up: work up to a 5rm max.

2. Glute Hamstroc Raise: 1-3 sets 8-10 reps. 1.5 min rest

3. Face Pulls: 1-2 sets 10-12 reps. 45 sec. rest.

4. Reverse wd chop. 1-3 sets. 12-15 reps. 1 min rest.

Max Effort Lower.

1. Front Squat: Work up to 5 rm.

2. Bent over row: 2-3 sets. 8-10 reps. 1.5 min rest.

3. Reverse Hyper: 1-3 sets. 10-12 reps. 1 min rest.

4. Reverse crunch on bench: 1-3 sets 12-15 reps. 45 sec. rest.

I would add a corrective exercise at the end like a prone cobra or scaptation exercise. 1-2 sets. 10's hold, 10's relax. 1 min rest.

I don't have a push pattern exercise because power can be increased simply by improving posture. The CNS will inhibit neural drive if the joint are imbalanced ( shoulder pronation ) a push pattern will only worsen that.

The body functions best in ideal posture ( fighters spend a lot of time in a pronated stance. and flexion, ( the opposite MUST be trained, extension, external shoulder rotation ) so this exercise selection will improve this while also training what really contributes to KO power... Lats, ( Chins ) legs, ( squats, reverse hypers, GHR, ) Core Rotation ( reverse wd chops ).

Less is more in exercise selection ( so you'll recover faster ) and improving posture while also training what really contributes to power is accomplished.

Let me know if you have any other questions Nick.
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by Rob Pilger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds