Username Password: Remember me

Stretching question for Coach Rob
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stretching question for Coach Rob

Stretching question for Coach Rob 8 years, 4 months ago #181

• datapro01
Coach Rob:

Not too long ago I was diagnosed with some rotator cuff issues, which apparently were caused by years and years of excessive pressing movements (pushups, bench presses, military presses etc) as opposed to rowing movements. I did rowing movements but probably not enough compared to pressing movements.

Now its difficult for me to do pushups because of tight and painful shoulders when pressing. One exercise that was prescribed for me, where you stand with back against a wall, feet about 6 inches out from the wall, butt and upper back against the wall, raise arms out to the sides with upper arms 90 degrees from torso and lower arms straight up and attempt to press the elbows against the wall as you move arms up and down in an arc.

Tight lats? I see that blue ball push up type stretch but dont have that type equipment. What other exercises could help? Can I assume that stretch could also be done by torquing against a post?

Thanks

Re:Stretching question for Coach Rob 8 years, 4 months ago #182

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Yes, even grabbing a post and leaning back to stretch the tight lats will work great, I would get some deep tissue work done too on your lats and medial rotators to release those tight muscles more thoroughly.

Also be sure to stretch your medial rotators, you''ll see the stretch in the flexibility department, use a doorway instead of the ball to do the stretch.

Be sure to also perform the prone cobra to strengthen the week muscles, the rope to neck pull works great too.

Keep me updated with your progress.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds