Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Strength and mobility quality: JOE?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strength and mobility quality: JOE?

Strength and mobility quality: JOE? 8 years, 1 month ago #192

• Collin
  • Fresh Boarder
Rossi- i want flexible and efficient shoulders that are also bulletproof. what routines can i do outside and inside the gym to develope powerful and relaxed shoulder and amrs?

Re:Strength and mobility quality: JOE? 8 years, 1 month ago #196

• Joe Rossi
  • Fresh Boarder
Collin,
Sorry for the delay as I am out of town right now. You really want to \"Bullet Proof\" your shoulders? A quick and easy answer is to incorporate pre and post rotator cuff training.

I don't think I know one fighter who can't benefit from isolating the rotator cuff muscles. Always keep in mind what you (as a fighter) get overloaded with. Turning in and turning over your punches repetitively develops a dominance in the internal muscle groups responsible for internal rotation. By hitting the external rotator muscle groups such as the S.I.T.S. muscles (supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, subscapularis)through exercises such as band external rotation, cable external rotation, dumbbell external rotation performed at multiple angles, you will bring balance into your shoulders.

Bringing balance into your shoulders by hitting these muscle groups will enable you to decrease your chances of a shoulder injury, decrease pain in the rotator cuff muscle groups from the repetitive punching, and will increase force production from muscle groups in the shoulder firing and contracting optimally. Try 3-4 sets of 15-20 reps with an external rotator cuff exercise such as the ones listed above. Start light and easy and work your way up. Keep me posted,
Joe Rossi
(Bunch of my amateurs are fighting this week. Expecting good things!!)

Re:Strength and mobility quality: JOE? 8 years, 1 month ago #198

• Collin
  • Fresh Boarder
wow thanks brutha.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds