Lean Muscle Mass - Training Regiment
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lean Muscle Mass - Training Regiment

Lean Muscle Mass - Training Regiment 7 years, 8 months ago #207

• Iron Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Hey Coach Rob,

I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things after a lackluster regiment and diet over the holidays. I'm specifically hoping that with a clean diet, cardio and a good workout plan I can get some quality lean gains while increasing strength and losing some body fat as well.

I will hopefully be getting the majority of my cardio in while doing the boxing 1.5 hour circuits at the gym, 3 days a week and then lifting 3 days a week to compliment that. Something like:

Mon: Lift
Tues: Boxing
Wed: Lift
Thurs: Boxing
Fri: Boxing
Sat: Lift
Sun: OFF

Are there any specific exercises you suggest I do while lifting (Mon, Wed, Sat), in order to compliment what we accomplish in the boxing circuits? Maybe less volume, higher weight, lower reps? Or should I implement something like a Westside BB routine where I max effort for 3 weeks and then go easy for the 4th?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Cameron

Re:Lean Muscle Mass - Training Regiment 7 years, 8 months ago #210

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Listen to your body, you can follow a plan and outline one but the body doesn't lie, so some days you may not do much in the weight room due to how you feel.

Yes, I like a max effort upper, max effort lower followed by a speed day. Check the strength training and speed/power departments out for program ideas.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds