Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Basics Please

Basics Please 8 years, 11 months ago #126

• tiznow0621
  • Fresh Boarder
I started a boxing class about three months ago but broke my foot so I had to stop. I am in a cast now but can put some weight on it. For now and when I am out of the cast because I may not be able to get back to classes due to my schedule what should I start with as far a learning to box. I bought a heavy bag and a double ended bag that I have in backyard. I signed up for this site hoping to learn somethings. I assume I should shadowbox a lot????????? Some advice please, thanks a lot.

Re:Basics Please 8 years, 11 months ago #127

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Hello and thanks for posting, this is a good question and beginners often get ahead of themselves on where to start.

Begin from the ground up. That's how boxing must be taught. So begin with mastering boxing/punching stance and the box drill learning to move while keeping proper stance. With a solid foundation technique and power flourish from it.

So go to the footwork department and study the box drill and basic footwork videos. Master those then beging with the jab and right hand shadow boxing. Master the jab and right hand then move on to the left hook. Provided you are using an orthodox stance. Then master the uppercut and start putting your combos together.
Chunk everything down and master bit by bit so you do the basics VERY well. Be patient and please study the videos and use this forum as we are here to help you with your progress. Don't hesitate to write back in with questions and updates on your progress.

Enjoy your training and mastering of the skills.

Rob Pilger
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds