Username Password: Remember me

Ideal Height & Weight?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ideal Height & Weight?

Ideal Height & Weight? 8 years, 8 months ago #159

• urlegendz
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand that everybody is built differently and there is no 1 build that is required to be a successful fighter, but i was wondering what a good height to weight ratio would be as a boxer.

Right now i am 6'1\" 165-168 lbs. with a lean build. I like to think i'm rather strong for my weight but I see a guy like Jeff Lacy at about the same weight and he looks like a beast. Then I see a guy like Demetrius Andrade who is the exact same height and weight as myself and I hear people saying that he has the perfect physique to be a champion.

Re:Ideal Height & Weight? 8 years, 8 months ago #160

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
This is a really good question. You have great height for a middleweight and super middleweight. Jeff Lacy is very strong but VERY limited. He punches lack snap and they aren't fluent.

I would make you into a boxer puncher.. picking fighters apart from the outside making the fight easy, teach you how to move laterally so you can catch them coming in.

You obviously have to learn how to use the cards you were dealt ( size/height ) well but you defiantly want to use what you have as an advantage to meaning you wouldn't want to be a banger like a Margarito, or Lacy as you mentioned above. But that's also why both aren't boxers. That's not them or what they have. Learn to make the fight easy, learn how to use your good height and size well.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds