Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: training program?

training program? 7 years, 11 months ago #199

• jimgrills
  • Fresh Boarder
hey just wandering if there is a weekly training program on this site or something like that,im pretty new to this and just not sure how to go about fiting in the exersise's from your vidioes with other cardio weights and im not sure if i should be doing them just once a week or what not or what weights or cardio traing i should even be doing, i would like to put on some wieght but not heaps but do want to build all the things i need to for boxing. i started training about 3 months ago but dont have any set program so im pretty much just winging it and havent got many results yet. i have a fair bit of equipment so just doing it at home for the time being. i am planing to join a boxing gym early next year. any help would be apreciated. thanks

Re:training program? 7 years, 11 months ago #200

• Joe Rossi
  • Fresh Boarder
Jim,
Welcome. Do you plan on fighting? Are you sparring yet? This is a point I want to make to guys starting out in this sport. Stick with me for a minute.

Nothing will make you a better fighter than fighting. Get to a boxing gym ASAP. This includes all your skill work (heavy bag, speed bag, double end bag, shadow boxing, pad work, etc.). For a beginner (3 months), nothing is more important than mastering the basics. Just by working hard and drilling the basics, you are actually working on your conditioning and should be improving your punching power, strength, and power endurance. Training hard on the basics, you should be improving from week to week. Keep in mind that I am a \"Strength and Condition Coach\" and not a \"Boxing Coach\". You would think that my first answer to you would be for you to hit the weights, and start training like Rocky Balboa!
Now with that being said, throw me some more feedback and we can talk about how you can add some of the things on this training site into your boxing program. Extra weight training sessions and conditioning sessions is important, as long as the boxing stuff is not being sacrificed! Now if you don't have a boxing coach or a gym and you are using this site to improve yourself on your own, then give me more feedback (outline your training week for me and I will throw some things at you in regards to weight training and other forms of conditioning that will prime you up until you get going).

Joe Rossi
www.yesstraining.blogspot.com
Rossi's Gym on FaceBook

Re:training program? 7 years, 11 months ago #201

• jimgrills
  • Fresh Boarder
yeah i do want to want to fight when im ready to get in the ring. but at the moment i am just trying to build my skills i have been doing a bit of sparring but mainly just heavy bag, double ended bag, focus mitts and wieghts but i dont realy have any structure to my training... thats what i am looking for cause i dont really know what i should be doing to get best results

Re:training program? 7 years, 11 months ago #202

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
On top of everything that Joe said, focus on the basics, build a strong base.

Start off with 2-3, 3 min. rounds of the box drill found on the foot work department on the site, without a strong stance and punching base, you have nothing.

Then shadow box for 3-4 rounds in front of a mirror. Work on solid technique along with lateral movement, cutting angles and punching off them.

Perform 2-3 rounds mitt work.

2-3 rounds double end bag.

2-3 heavy Bag.

2-3 Speed Bag.

3-4 rounds jumping rope is good at the beginning of the workout as well.

If your technique gets sloppy, cut down the volume of the rounds and as you get in better condition keeping solid technique, add more.

Without working with you in person, i have no idea on the proper training volume but this should work.

Let me know how this works out for you and if you have anymore questions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds