Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Technique Critique

Technique Critique 8 years ago #204

• 3drobbo
Hey Coach.

Heres the Story, I dont goto a boxing or MMA gym or anything, used to but not for the last few years, just been doing it at home as a hobby of mine.

Im Doing a sparring session this weekend, in like 3 days, and just wanted to get alittle feedback on my heavy bag rounds to see if I have any major flaws I could possible try to correct before then to help me in the boxing gym.

Here are Rounds 2 and 3 of my usuall 3x5 min rounds. I got 16 oz gloves on and a mouth piece and Bad music . First vid, round 2, Im doing alot of single shots, round 3 I do some more combos... sometimes, ha.

Umm yeah... thats it really... ask questions, critique, whatever. Anything will help me out. Thanks in advance.

Round 2
Round 3
Last Edit: 8 years ago by .

Re:Technique Critique 8 years ago #205

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
You have fast accurate hands. You are dropping them too munch though before throwing and after. I would like to see you use more lateral movement after you punch instead of moving straight back and breaking your punching stance.

Stay on the balls of your feet more and maintain your punching stance so you have ideal balance and technique to work off of. Remember, boxing starts from the ground up.

Practice the box drill on the site here in the footwork department.

Good luck with your sparring session, use your reach, jab to set up right hands and other combos, and remember to move laterally...again, control the distance with your jab with your hands up and you will be fine.

Keep me updated!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds