Username Password: Remember me

Supplements for Female Athletes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supplements for Female Athletes

Supplements for Female Athletes 8 years, 9 months ago #164

• Melinda
Hey Rob,
I had a ponderment on nutritional supplements for female athletes.

Most sports nutrition shakes and supplements are designed and marketed towards men. I have surfed around looking for the “female version” of some of these products. There are very few protein shakes for women but the numbers on the nutrient labels are significantly less from the male versions and not to mention the women’s product is a bit pricey. But most of the sites I have found only carry weight loss or meal replacement shakes for women. Neither of which am I looking for, I would like to help keep my body going with all that I do.

So I guess my question would be: Being a female athlete if I get the “male version” or \"shelf version\" of some of these supplements would I have to scale back on the amount taken? And any suggestions on which products to look for?

Thanks,
-Melinda

Re:Supplements for Female Athletes 8 years, 9 months ago #165

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Melinda, in my opinion no. Try to get a more natural organic whey, google it or go to www.mercola.com and get his. One of the best wheys to get and you don't have to take much at all because it's so pure/potent.

Fish oil is of utmost importance to take and I would recommend 3 at each meal and 1 with a snack the same for men and women.

I wouldn't worry too much about the women version of products as I think that has more to do with marketing than anything.

You could be training harder than most guys ( or guys taking supplements may not be training at all and just think that the supplement will work magic, YES some men STILL think this! ) so your needs are far more different.

Hope this helps,

Rob
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds