Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blood pH

Blood pH 9 years, 9 months ago #24

• timaugust
  • Fresh Boarder
This is for Guy Jones. I am looking for input on the validity of modifying blood pH as it relates to athletic performance. I typically see this as a reason why eating lots of greens in the diet is important. Supplements are also available to supposedly modify our pH. Is the improved athletic performance due to the greens raising pH and therefore helping our bodies counteract lactic acid? Can we really even modify our pH, or is this a myth?

Unfortunately when I look up information on the subject it is often found only on websites selling a product. Unbiased information would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by .

Re:Blood pH 9 years, 8 months ago #65

• Guy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Tim,

I am sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you but i have been on the road since christmas and didnt take my laptop. Doh!

Anyhow, I am afraid that my knowledge on blood ph is only anecdotal. But saying that i have been training for over 30 years and can definately say that 'dependant upon your metabolic type (not to be confused with blood type) your blood ph will affect your performance and will have a direct influence upon lactic acid. I had the opportunity to trial a water filter known as the Kanagen water filter for 3 months last year. this filter allows the user to manipulate the acidity of their drinking water at the source. As a protein type i was advised to go for a ph of 9.5 (high alcaline), it was evident by the end of the first day that something was happening because i was having to visit the little boys room every 15 minutes. After 3 days i can only describe how i felt as really clean, both inside and out. A lot of the aches and pains that you dont really notice discappeared and i only became fully aware of that when i stopped drinking the water. I was able to train harder and for longer culminating with a 3 week period where i was doing giant sets of upto 20 minutes with only the time it took to move from one exercise to another as recovery. Proper tailored nutrition for my unique nutritional requirements also played a huge part as did decent rest and recovery post training. But i would definately say that for me high p.h. water worked well and also had a huge impact upon my sense of wellbeing and morale, which can be affected by excessive training. Now i am not suggesting that you invest in a Kangen water filter and i make no money from promoting them, but i know that you can buy high ph bottled water in good health stores these days.

I am sorry i cant be more scientific and quote studies to back my experiences, but as i said it had a positive effect on my body and training. I also noticed an improvement in the quality of my sleep. This all makes sense to me because our bodies are a system of systems and if one thing is working at top speed then the knock on effect will affect everthing else to a greater or lesser degree.

I do hope this answer is of benefit to you and i wish you well with your trainig now and in the future.

All the very best.

Your friend

Guy Jones
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds