Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fish Oils

Fish Oils 9 years, 6 months ago #87

• Iron Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Guy, I liked your latest article on fats. I want to start supplementing with fish oils. How many should I consume and what source or supplement company is best to buy from?

Re:Fish Oils 9 years, 6 months ago #89

• Guy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have had a problem getting into the site. As far as quality fish oils go You probably cant get much better than Poliquin brand From Charles poliquins site www.poliquinperformance.com. If money is an issue then Carlsons brand which is available all over the net is my next best buy, other than that 7 seas are also quite good. The reason I back these is because they do independant testing for mercury and other heavy metals prevalent in the livers of many ocean going fish these days due to dumping by big business. Supplemental levels are an individual thing as are most things nutrition. But I would personally begin with 1000 miligrams per day and work up to 3000 per day spread over the bigger meals you eat if you can tolerate that much. Be aware that cod liver oil is high in vitamin D and if you live in an area with high levels of sunshine then you wont need too much because you will be producing your own, also vit D is toxic in too high a dose. That is why fish oils are better for the summer, you can switch to cod liver in the darker months which is fine. I suggest you take your fish oils pre-meals especially breakfast because it will increase the production of hydrochloric acid in your stomach and increase sensitivity of your insulin receptors making you better able to digest your food. I hope this has been of some help to you mike and I wish you the very best in your nutritional journey and in all of your sporting endevours.

Your friend

Guy Jones
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds