Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shoulder Impingement Syndrome

Shoulder Impingement Syndrome 6 years, 9 months ago #245

Two weeks ago i developed Shoulder Impingement Syndrome. I went and saw my physio and he gave me a few rotator cuff exercise to do. I was given a rubber tube where i stick one end in a door and pull the tube away from my body and also towards my body, doing 3 sets of 10 reps of each twice a day. I also do dumbell rows with light weights. This is currently 2 sets of 15 reps at 5lbs twice a day as well.

I was wondering if there where any exercises i could do when my shoulder became a bit better that would stop this from coming back again? I was told this came on because of my gym work, lifting heavy weights above my head at work (which i have now stopped), and poor posture where my shoulders are slumped forward.

I would also like to know if there is a recommended time frame for getting back into my gym work and boxing? My physio mentioned three to four weeks before starting my gym work again, making sure i ease back into it when i do. However, he was unsure about the boxing training, just that i should ease back into it some time after my gym work. Is there anything i can do to speed this process up?

Re:Shoulder Impingement Syndrome 6 years, 9 months ago #247

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
I would get some deep tissue work done, see a experienced muscularity massage therapist, an ART Practitioner would be great as well.

As far as injury prevention exercises, there on some good ones in the injury prevention department on this site. Prone cobras are great for improving posture and muscle imbalances, face pulls, dumbbell external shoulder rotations, band pull aparts,rowing exercises like bent over rows, seated rows with a 1 sec hold in the contracted position.

These will balance out the strength and correct muscle imbalances in your shoulder and rotor cuff, preventing reoccuring injury, basically, you want more volume of extension, and external rotation work in your training program and you'll be fine.

Getting some tissue work done periodically will help tremendously as well.

Rob

Re:Shoulder Impingement Syndrome 6 years, 9 months ago #248

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
I meant to write, a nuromuscular therapist.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds