Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Team Boxingperformanc.com Pacquiao-Cotto Picks!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Team Boxingperformanc.com Pacquiao-Cotto Picks!

Team Boxingperformanc.com Pacquiao-Cotto Picks! 7 years, 10 months ago #203

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Rob Pilger

Tough fight to pick considering SO many intangibles that come into play. Cotto is NOT shot and I believe is FULLY recovered from the Margarito fight. He'll obviously be the stronger fighter of the two and he won't be that far behind in speed as well. I like Cotto and find myself rooting for him but his leaky defense in the late rounds will be his down fall against the peeking fast handed, consistent for the whole twelve rounds Pacquiao. That'll be the difference in this fight i feel, Consistency and defense. Pacquiao will be better in both areas AND really the most important factor of all, Pacquaio has the better corner to guide him through to a late round stoppage win.

Pacquiao by 9th rnd TKO

The Pacquiao-Cotto fight it’s a tough one with both fighters a lot to lose and a lot to gain.

Alwyn Cosgrove

My take is -- this is the toughest test Pacquaio has had to date - and I'm very impressed with that path.

Yes - Marquez is a great fighter - at 130.
Yes - David Diaz wasn't a huge threat - but Manny moved up a weight class there
Yes - DLH was past his best - but Manny had moved up TWO MORE weight classes and became only the second guy to stop Oscar
Yes - Ricky wasn't a threat after all - but NO ONE expected Manny to destroy the consensus #1 at 140 (remember Ricky lost to a BIGGER Floyd M at 147) the way he did (even the biggest Manny fans expected a longer, more competitive fight)

So what does he do next?

He faces one of the top fighters at 147 - and (other than Paul W who is up at 160 now) - maybe the strongest puncher? (I am discounting Margarito for obvious reasons)

Cotto has only one loss ( a late stoppage in a RAZOR thin close fight - against Margarito so there has to be some questions about the gloves there) - and has a crazy KO percentage.

This is going to be good and I can't wait.
I just find myself leaning towards Miguel a little bit in this.
But this is going to be a good one.

Brian Fernie

Pacquiao is still the best pound for pound fighter in the world, he seems to be untouchable and his fights against Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya and David Diaz goes to show he can stand up and be counted, however he has shown to struggle and take punishment when confronted with fast thinking fighters such as the like;s of Juan Manuel Marquez and Erik Morales

Cotto- 179 of 723 (25%) of punches landed in his last fight against Clottey, didn’t really inspire his critics and Clottey definitely looked more technical and hungrier for and during the fight, saying that Cotto has a great record against rated fighters such as Michael Jennings, Alfonso Gomez and Antonio Margarito.

I think it will be a bloody fight with both fighters willing to push it beyond the comfort zones.

Pacquiao on points.
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by Rob Pilger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds