Username Password: Remember me

knock out power and heavy hands?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: knock out power and heavy hands?

knock out power and heavy hands? 6 years, 7 months ago #259

• Iron Mike
  • Junior Boarder
I have a theory I would like to hear some opinions on. Not to demoralize anybody but I have always thought that to have true one punch type ko power you have to have those really heavy hands. I have not been around boxers in the gym that much so I wanted to hear what you guys thought, I know you can lift weights and hit the bags etc, but my question is to truly have that pop that can take someone out don't you absolutely have to have heavy hands?

Re:knock out power and heavy hands? 6 years, 7 months ago #260

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Yes and no, for example, look at George Foreman and Mike Tyson, two different types of power. George HAD those heavy hands, bone jarring power, thudding power, NOT fast, but heavy hands that beat dudes down.

Tyson had that what the hell just happened power, meaning it was the speed that sealed the deal. Tyson didn't have as heavy hands as George, BUT he had A LOT more speed, thus their KO's where different. Mike's KO's came from the speed, that's power. You could see George's punches coming but it didn't matter, cause he punched through defense and those punches were so fucking heavy that he basically beat fighters to the mat if they didn't have the footwork to not stand in front of George.

You are born with power yes, George was genetically strong, as was Tyson but faster. I also know you can train for power to and develop it over time and with a sound strength/conditioning program. It CAN be down and of course you can improve power in fighters with improving technique and many fighters today lack true ko power technique, look at how they punch.

Does this make sense and answer your ?.

Re:knock out power and heavy hands? 6 years, 7 months ago #261

• Iron Mike
  • Junior Boarder
does make sense that's a pretty good example.

Keep up the good work on this site, my only problem is I come on here and want to watch too many videos and get too many ideas in my head in one day.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds