Username Password: Remember me

Calzaghe-Hopkins
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Calzaghe-Hopkins

Calzaghe-Hopkins 9 years, 7 months ago #82

• Iron Mike
  • Junior Boarder
Who's everyone taking? Coach Rob can Bernard hang with Joe?

Re:Calzaghe-Hopkins 9 years, 7 months ago #83

• Chad
  • Fresh Boarder
Joe will shut Hopkins down! Too much speed and movement for Hopkins to cope with. You can't mug and hold what's not in front of you! Joe C. UD!

Re:Calzaghe-Hopkins 9 years, 7 months ago #84

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Iron Mike, here's my thoughts on the fight from a previous answered post....

On paper Joe should win on points. I think he will but Bernard is not going to let Joe overwhelm him. That's what we can gauge Joe on in this fight, How he handles a fighter in Bernard who won't fold, wither, or allowed to be dominated while doing everything in his power to impose HIS will. The more I've been thinking about this fight it makes me realize that yeah Bernard can't hang with Joe punch for punch that's fighting Joe's fight but what if Bernard can make Joe fight his ugly fight? What if he doesn't allow Joe to get into his rhythm? He has the experience, tricks ring smarts, and mind set to do that. Can Joe adjust? This isn't Winky Wright Bernard is fighting, there's a much larger threat of losing so I expect Bernard to come in more aggressive with different looks, he is an old pro and knows what he has to do. What he MUST do...My point is and myself included we can't base Bernard's capabilities on his last performance against Winky. Joe is a different challenge. Last time people did something like this he dominated Tarver and I know Calzaghe is peaking and Tarver wasn't what Joe is now going into his fight with Hopkins... Bernard STILL must punch to score though and I don't know if he can do that enough to win decisively as he must in this fight to get the decision.
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by Rob Pilger.

Re:Calzaghe-Hopkins 9 years, 7 months ago #85

Rob, I agree with what you are saying Bernard will do to Calzaghe. I think it will be another ugly Bernard fight with Bernard winning split dec.

Re:Calzaghe-Hopkins 9 years, 7 months ago #86

• Rocko
  • Fresh Boarder
Bernard looked very focused in his interview last night on ESPN 2's Friday Night Fights. Calzaghe seemed relaxed I agree with Brian Kenny's assesment. Calzaghe 7 rounds to 5. The under card fights are horrible! What BS!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds