8. Ali

9. Meldrick Taylor

10. Young Floyd Mayweather

Re:MY TOP 10 FAVOURITE BOXERS 9 years, 9 months ago #32

• DOG.1
some great boxers there Rob,
i should of gone top 20,then i would of added
DEMPSEY-SUGAR RAY ROBINSON-MARCIANO-SALVADOR SANCHEZ-SMOKIN JOE-
STEVE COLLINS-NIGEL BENN-BOOM BOOM MANCINI-JORGE PAEZ-& CLUBBER LANG;)

Re:MY TOP 10 FAVOURITE BOXERS 9 years, 9 months ago #35

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
Dog.1, what about THUNDER LIPS!!! Ha, the best villain in all the Rocky movies in my humble opinion.

Julian Jackson was another fun fighter to watch. The \" Hawk \" could punch!

I would have loved to have seen James Toney fight Benn and Eubank in the early 90's, I think Eubank would have given him a tougher fight.

Re:MY TOP 10 FAVOURITE BOXERS 9 years, 9 months ago #37

• DOG.1
yeah Rob,Jackson was exciting to watch cant remember many of his fights goin the distance,he either K.O'd 'em or got K.O'd himself.the HAWK was a great fighter,2 unforgetable fights with Alexis Arguello,1st retired undefeated 35 or 36-0,got hooked on drugs,made a come back a few years later & got knocked out,not 100% sure but i think he beat Tommy Hearns as an amateur? as for the Rocky films my all time favourite was in the 2nd Rocky film sparring with Balboa \"MANOS DE PIEDRA\" Roberto Duran.

Re:MY TOP 10 FAVOURITE BOXERS 9 years, 9 months ago #42

• Rob Pilger
  • Administrator
The Hawk did beat Hearns as an amateur. Damn DOG1, I'm very impressed with your knowledge! He got fuck up off drugs bad, I mean bad. I met Aaron Pryor when I was a 16 year old amateur fighter boxing at the Ohio State Fair. I asked for his autograph and he tried to sign with the pen upside down I was like Mr. Pryor the pens upside down!

Still a great champion. People don't know that Suagar Ray Leonard avoided Pryor. Leonard moved up a weight division in the amateurs to avoid Pryor. I heard from a VERY reliable former title contending fighter that boxed around those guys that Pryor would run Leonard out of the ring when they sparred!

Ray never gave Pryor his chance in the pro's and that pissed Pryor off. That's BULLSHIT Leonard didn't fight Pryor. I think the Hawk would've stop Leonard late. Too bad it never happened.

I worked the corner of a fighter that beat Pryor's son at the 2002 National Golden Gloves. Pryor's son is tall and lanky. That was cool as we beat him.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds